Monday, August 22, 2016

McCovey Monday #86 - Two 2013 Panini America's Pastime Front-Row Fabrics Dual Relic Booklets

My favorite player of all time is Hall of Famer Willie McCovey.  I have amassed a collection of over 1200 different  McCovey cards since I started collecting him in the late 1980s.  I will show off one of my favorite cards every Monday.  Stretch was one of the most feared hitters of all time and I am excited to show off my collection.

My last McCovey Monday post showed off a booklet that I have had in my collection for a few years.  Today I am showing off my 2 newest McCovey booklets, 2 versions of the same dual relic.

The first is what I would consider the base version of the booklet as it is numbered the highest, 57/59.  Not only does it feature Willie Mac but it has a nice big jersey swatch of Juan Marichal.  This is a pretty solid design with some seats and a brick wall in the background and nice large pictures in the foreground.   What I really like is the home plate shaped relic piece.  Also the jerseys appear to be of the old fashion material type.

Here is the inside and outside of the first:

Here is the second booklet, this one is numbered 11/25:
There isn't much difference in the cards that I can detect.  The home plate and player names of the front of the booklet are a different color.  The numbering is of course different and in the case of these two relics you can see some different wrinkling in Marichal's jersey and some different stitching in McCovey's.

I was able to score the booklet /59 for $5 plus shipping which I thought was a great deal. The one /25 put be back less than the price of a blaster.  There is a version /15 out there that I will keep my eyes open but don't plan on breaking the bank for it as I am quite happy having these two in my Stretch collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment